Corten Steel Quad Wood Storage by Adezz
Quad Wood Storages by Adezz have aesthetic and functional benefits. Corten steel forms a natural patina over time, which develops a rusty, orange look. This industrial appearance is a spectacular design element for an outdoor area, since it contrasts sharply with the wood being stored. Corten steel quads specifically come with holes which mean they can be mounted on a wall or left to be freestanding. As they can also be stacked on top of each other, this means you can customise your quad wood storage into any shape you like. Being durable and strong, they can withstand heavy loads of wood.
- Two sizes available
- Self-Protecting Rust Finish Over Time
- Made From High Quality Corten Steel
- WARNING: During the weathering period, run-off can stain adjacent materials
- All dimensions are listed as length x width x height
What is Corten Steel?
Created in the United States in 1939, Corten or Weathering Steel is an alloy that forms a natural rust coating over time as it is exposed to the weather. The outer layer rusts forming a protective coating which prevents degradation of the steel inside. Corten Steel is used all over the world. Notably in the UK one of our greatest landmarks, The Angel of the North by Anthony Gormley is made from Corten. Other striking examples include the Chicago Picasso Sculpture and the Museum of Old and New Art in Australia.
How will your Corten Steel weather?
1. In most cases your Corten Steel product will arrive un-rusted. It may have a slight patina or dark oily residue, this is completely normal.
2. As weathering begins, the residue breaks down and the rusty colour will start to appear. During this time, any run-off may stain stone or concrete surfaces.
3. After weathering (around 6-9 months), run-off may still occur but it will be minimal.
After your corten steel has arrived please unpack immediately, so that any moisture between the packaging does not remain sealed. If you do not do this, there may be irregular rust and stains.
Let Us Help
If you are having any trouble ordering or need any advice or assistance when using the site, don’t hesitate to give our friendly team a call on 01245 422 353 or email us on [email protected].
Delivery Information and Costs
Delivery times may vary but generally take around 7 working days, delivery costs are dependent on the size of the product and therefore the method of delivery. In most cases the delivery cost is £120, this is a customs charge. Pallet deliveries are kerbside only unless a suitable offload area is available. If you have any questions regarding delivery of your order, please do not hesitate to contact us.