Corten Steel U Block Pedestals by Adezz
Our Corten Steel U Block Pedestals by Adezz are perfect to put our water or fire bowls on, which look particularly impressive when in a multi level display. Sitting your garden pots and planters on top filled with hanging or trailing plants looks stunning as an impressive display, or even standing them either side of a doorway. They are also perfect for displaying artwork and look fabulous outside and inside.
- Self-Protecting Rust Finish Over Time
- 2mm Thick as Standard (Up to 10mm Bespoke)
- Made From High Quality Corten Steel
- Available in Bespoke Sizes
- WARNING: During The Weathering Period,
- Run-off Can Stain Adjacent Materials
What is Corten Steel?
Created in the United States in 1939, Corten or Weathering Steel is an alloy that forms a natural rust coating over time as it is exposed to the weather. The outer layer rusts forming a protective coating which prevents degradation of the steel inside. Corten Steel is used all over the world. Notably in the UK one of our greatest landmarks, The Angel of the North by Anthony Gormley is made from Corten. Other striking examples include the Chicago Picasso Sculpture and the Museum of Old and New Art in Australia.
How will your Corten Steel weather?
- When your pedestal arrives it will depending, on when it was manufactured will be the colour of freshly manufactured steel, with a dark oily coating or in a stage of patina.
- As your Corten Steel U Block Pedestal begins to weather, the oily residue will break down.
- Your pedestal will begin to change colour, during this stage – the ‘run-off’ may stain stone or concrete surfaces that it comes into contact with.
- After 9 months, some ‘run-off’ may still occur.
After your corten steel has arrived please unpack immediately, so that any moisture between the packaging does not remain sealed. If you do not do this, there may be irregular rust and stains.
What if you want to speed up the weathering?
Fortunately science is on your side with a quick and easy fix. All you need is salty water. Dissolve around 1 teaspoon of salt in about 1 litre of water to get a weak salt solution. Spray or paint the solution evenly over your Corten Steel and that’s it! Repeat this process around 5 times over the period of a couple of weeks and you’ll see the rust developing in no time.
Let us help
If you are having any trouble ordering or need any advice or assistance when using the site, don’t hesitate to give our friendly team a call on 01245 422 353 or email us on [email protected].
When ordering your Corten Steel U Block Pedestals by Adezz simply click on the category of your choice and browse through our extensive range of planters on offer. Use the full colour pictures and useful descriptions to help you identify the best planters for your garden. If you are looking for a particular planter or size that is not on the website then give us a call and we will do our best to source it for you, or offer a suitable alternative.
Delivery times may vary but generally take around 7 working days, delivery costs are dependant on the size of the product and therefore the method of delivery. Cost for deliver will depend on the size. This varies between £30 and £120.